…you know how the old adage goes.
Especially when it’s a skip full of old IT equipment. I was so very happy when I discovered one of the buildings on our site was chucking out a load of gear that could surreptitiously make its way into the boot of my car and then even more stealthily into my workshop at home.
- Four Acorn computers
- One (cry) mostly broken Powerbook 190
- A CD duplication robotic printer
- A serial based hardware switching unit.
- A LASERDISC PLAYER!
- Some Weather monitoring equipment
- A whole load of older PDA’s
- A whole load of old software in various formats.
Not a bad haul I thought, and certainly enough components to keep me happy for a good while yet.
I’ve had outstanding success with some of the items, a resounding failure with the others but it’s all a learning process so let the learning continue… Read all about my adventures in upcoming posts.